How Presbytery can help

There are many ways the Presbytery can support you.

Being cared for, calling a minister, and short term (Supply) ministry

The Pastoral Relations Committee (PRC) can help with questions about getting a new minister or short-term ministry if you don’t have a minister. Feel free to call or email the Chairperson.

For concerns about a minister, or concerns about relationships within a congregation, call or email the Presbytery Minister for Pastoral Care.

Anyone in the Presbytery is welcome to get in touch with PRC.

Education, training and mission

The Mission Strategy and Education Committee (MSE) provides different education and training opportunities for ministers and congregations about leadership, mission in their community, new ways of being Church, and faith sharing. It can also help congregations understand what God might be calling them to do in mission, and making plans for that. It can help explore ways to develop as a thriving Christian community. It can arrange ongoing coaching for ministers or congregations.

If you are interested in any of these, please feel free to contact the Presbytery Minister for Mission & Education, or our Mission Development Strategist.

Property and finance matters

The Administration Property and Finance (APF) committee can help congregations with property applications to lease, sell, buy or build. It can help with proceeds of sale, manse inspections, and filling out forms.

APF can also let you know what funding is available from the Presbytery or the Synod. This includes funding for mission projects up to $5000, or for building projects or to employ people to help with mission. There is also funding to help a person in a congregation in need, or to help congregations provide international aid.
For help with any of these, please contact the Chairperson of AFP Committee, or the Presbytery Minister Administration.

Intercultural matters

We want to be a truly intercultural Presbytery and share our life as people of different cultures!
For issues or advice relating to this, feel free to call or email the Reference Point, Intercutural Issues.

Other questions?

Try our FAQ page “How do I…” or contact any of the people named above.