Advanced Leadership Program 2022
Providing professional development for current and emerging leaders in key roles (including governance roles) within the Uniting Church and other faith-based organisations.
Advanced leadership skills are essential for current and potential leaders (lay and ordained, stipended and voluntary) across faith organisations and communities.
Within a community of mutual learning and development, and engagement with others in similar and different contexts, the Advanced Leadership Program provides a course of study that enables reflection and learning through a combination of readings, realistic scenarios, experiential learning, and practical application.
About the program
- Begins in April 2022 continues for most of the year.
- Gather with peer leaders for five intensives (4 x three-day, 1 x five-day).
- Full participation is required.
- Post-graduate award provided by the University of Divinity (Melbourne) via Pilgrim Theological College.
- Teaching will be delivered by Jenny Byrnes, Executive Officer equipping Leadership for Mission, and a collegiate cohort from across Australia.
Program dates for 2022 are as follows:
Semester 1 Intensives
Managing Change Faithfully
April 20. 21, 22 / June 1, 2, 3
Semester 2 Intensives
Formation for Christian Leadership
July 13, 14, 15 / September 28, 29, 30
Integrative Leadership Formation
November 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
You may be able to access grant funding or scholarships from your synod, presbytery, or education bodies
VicTas students can apply for a 50% reduction scholarship from Pilgrim for enrolment in the whole award (three units) with the remaining 50% to be covered by you (a letter of commendation to congregation/agency seeking a 25% contribution can be requested).
For more information and funding options, email Jenny Byrnes. (Jennifer.Byrnes@victas.uca.org.au)
For enrolment details, email Erlinda Loverseed. (email@example.com)