Lenten Grants funding guidelines
The Lenten Offering raises funds for special mission projects of the Uniting Church and its ancillary
organisations. The Moderator is seeking applications for projects in the following categories:
- Victoria metro
- Victoria rural
Congregations and UCA groups are invited to put forward projects that carry out one or more of the Synod’s Mission Principles:
1. Share the Good News of Jesus Christ
2. Nurture followers of Christ in life-giving communities of reconciliation
3. Respond in compassion to human need
4. Live justly and seek justice for all
5. Care for creation
6. Listen to each generation and culture so as to live out the Gospel in fresh ways
7. Pursue God’s mission in partnership
8. Projects that have difficulty receiving funds from other sources will be favoured. High regard will be given to projects that can convey their intent in a simple and appealing way. A clear outline of how funds will be spent must be included in the application.
The successful projects will be featured in the Lenten Offering materials that are distributed to congregations in February 2020.
The Lenten Offering grants are open to:
- Victorian and Tasmanian congregations
- Uniting VIC/TAS services which are linked to a congregation
- Groups who are formally connected to the Uniting Church. A letter of endorsement from a UnitingChurch body, ie congregation, presbytery, Synod Unit must be provided.
Applicant organisations do not require Deductible Gift Recipient status.
Organisations wishing to submit projects for inclusion in the 2020 Lenten Offering must submit an application by 1 November 2019. Applications can be completed online, go to vt.uniting.org/lenten-grant-application-form and follow the links. Alternatively you can download the application form and email it to email@example.com.
The Lenten Grants committee, chaired by the Moderator, will assess the applications and submit their project recommendations to the Ministry and Mission Committee for approval. It is expected that one project will be selected for each category, depending on the merit of applications submitted. Successful applicants will be notified in December. It is anticipated that each project selected will receive about $10,000 in funding, however the amount is dependent on donations received and should not be included in project budgets.
1 October 2019
1 November 2019
Phone: 1800 668 426