Home / Resources / Insurance Service

Insurance Service

The Insurance Services Team (IST) can assist you with all your insurance queries, concerns and claims.

Our team manages the Insurance Program for congregations, schools, camps, AgeWell, Uniting and other agencies and programs of the Uniting Church. The IST is responsible for managing all claims and negotiations on behalf of its members and clients to provide the best outcome for all settlements.

Depending on your query or request there are different ways to get started. Whenever your claim involves another party/person, please obtain relevant contact details to assist in the insurance process.

Property Claims

  • If the issue requires urgent attention, please call the IST on (03) 9116 1905. This includes instances such as where someone has tripped on church premises and sustained an injury or water damage has occurred to the property. For all other non-urgent claims please email insurance@victas.uca.org.au.
  • A member of the IST will advise you on next steps to take and provide any assistance required throughout the process. If you are required to fill out a claim form these can be found here.
  • All church buildings are covered through this insurance program, regardless of their age.
  • Through the Property Policy the full cost of replacement or reinstatement can be claimed.
  • Where property is stolen or damaged, congregations will be required to pay the first $2500 (metropolitan postcodes) and $1000 (rural postcodes) of each. Please note that normal wear and tear and gradual deterioration of property are not covered by the Property Policy.
  • The IST will arrange for a loss assessor to assist as required in the event of a large or complicated property claim.

Motor Vehicle Claims

  • If you have a claim related to a motor vehicle, please lodge your claim online with Zurich Insurance here. Your Policy Number is 32 2239619 GFT.
  • If you have any queries regarding this process, please email insurance@victas.uca.org.au.

All other potential claims

  • If you have a different type of potential insurance claim, or if an incident has occurred that you think could result in a claim then please email the IST (insurance@victas.uca.org.au) with the details of the incident and the potential claim. Please provide as much detail as possible, including contact details for any key people.
  • The IST will assess the information and be in contact with you.

Hall Hire

  • Due to COVID-19 hall hire is being assessed on a case-by-case basis. Hall hire approval will be in line with current state government guidelines regarding appropriate activities.
  • Individuals or organisation hiring church halls or other church facilities are required to have Public Liability insurance in place. Individuals or organisations who don’t have Public Liability insurance can apply to our insurance team for public liability insurance. The Hall Hirers application form can be obtained here.
  • Please email insurance@victas.uca.org.au or call the IST on (03) 9116 1995.

 Insurance Certificates

  • In the event that you require a copy of an insurance certificate (Certificate of Currency) for a premises please email insurance@victas.uca.org.au or call the IST on (03) 9116 1995. A copy of the insurance certificate will be provided to you within 24 hours from the time of the initial request.
  • Insurances that can be provided are:
    • Public liability
    • Professional indemnity
    • Employment practices liability
    • Volunteers personal accident
  • Directors and officers liability.
  • Public liability insurance is also available for infrequent hirers of Uniting Church property.
  • The public liability policy covers activities under the control and direction of the Uniting Church, including those events held off-site.

Contact details

Email: insurance@victas.uca.org.au
Phone (claims): (03) 9116 1905
After hours: 0499 303 494


Related Documents

TitleDate modifiedDownload
Property Claim Form 02-07-2021 DownloadPreview