Worship and Preaching training for Communities and Lay Leaders
The world has and is changing and we are seeking new ways of leadership and being in church, including worship and proclaiming God’s Word.
Join us for multiple options of engaging with 6 Worship Units and 6 Preaching Units.
Participants can choose their level of input and connection. Have a conversation with your faith community, congregation or Presbytery about what would would be good for you and them.
Units are engaging and creative. Assessment is both theoretical and practical.
Access 3 points of training:
- Online delivery across the Synod – 2 hours per week
Join others in Zoom delivery of Worship and Preaching workshops, combining a tutorial based on the online units, and input from a variety of church leaders.
- Access to online Worship and Preaching units
Access online units written around the Assembly W&P competencies for Lay Preachers and Ministry of Pastor.
- Local assessment
For those who opt for assessment, this will occur within their Congregation/Faith Community/Hub or Presbytery.
**PLEASE ENSURE YOU TAKE NOTE OF TICKET END DATE FOR EACH SESSION**
1 Sept – Exploring Preaching – What is Preaching?
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Dev Anandarajan, Intercultural Leadership Development, eLM
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 30th August
8 Sept – Understanding Preaching 1 – Interpreting Biblical texts/working with difficult texts
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Dr Sean Winter, Head of Pilgrim Theological College
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 6th September
15 Sept – Understanding Preaching 2 – Responding to the Word (as Preacher and hearer)
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Gordon Wild, Chaplain at Bendigo Health
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 13th September
6 Oct – Preparing to Preach – Putting bits together/The art of Preaching
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Linley Liersch, Mission Development Strategist, Presbytery of Port Phillip West
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 4th October
13 Oct – Preaching as Leadership 1 – The ethics in and of Preaching/ Getting your message across: Communication in Preaching
- with Mel Perkins & Rohan Pryor, Synod Liaison Minister (Tasmania)
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 11th October
20 Oct – Preaching as Leadership 2 – The challenges and joys of preaching as yourself/Preaching with Creativity and Imagination
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Deacon Peter Batten, Mission and Education Resourcing Minister, Presbytery of Gippsland
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 18th October
Mel Perkins is the Lay Leadership Development Coordinator, Equipping Leadership for Mission Unit, for the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
To register, click here