Moderator’s Emergency Response Fund
Not SetFunding Goal
Campaign Never EndsCampaign End Method
The fund has been established in response to the identified need to be able to react quickly to support communities in times of major disasters, such as bushfires, floods, storms or other crises.
The devastating bushfires of Christmas 2019 and into the beginning of 2020 affected many communities within the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
As always, Uniting Church communities and our Community Support Agencies were swift to respond, and Uniting Vic.Tas quickly launched a special appeal to raise money to provide services in these areas.
Where support services are available through Uniting, or indeed any other existing services, these agencies will continue to provide that support. However, what we heard from several communities was that there were still a number of gaps in what support was available.
It is those gaps which the Moderator’s Emergency Response Fund is intended to fill.
There will be no restrictions on what kind of support this fund will be able to provide.
The Fund does not have DGR (Deductable Gift Recipient) status, so contributions to it will be able to be used for ministry, discipleship, and pastoral purposes. However, if considered appropriate, the fund is able to make contributions to DGR projects/programs as well.
The Moderator’s Emergency Response Fund will:
- be accessed only to provide immediate support needed to local communities impacted by major disasters, where those services are not otherwise already available;
- be accessed primarily to support communities within the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania;
- be accessed only when both the Moderator and General Secretary discern that any funds are required;
- be held separately to any other funds, will be audited annually and reported to Synod governance committees.
If you would like to contribute to the Moderator’s Emergency Response Fund, there are three ways to do this:
- Individuals can make contributions via credit card (see top of this page);
- Church Councils can make contributions via Direct Debit Payment banked as follows:
- BSB: 033157 Account No: 344136
- Account Name: Uniting Church Synod of Vic and Tas
- Reference: MS220 <Congregation> (eg MS220 Tonoroopna UC)
- Please advise firstname.lastname@example.org when a direct deposit has been made to ensure payments can be identified and receipts issue.
- Congregations can collect contributions from members, complete a treasurer’s report and make a Direct Debit payment.