Worship and Preaching training for Communities and Lay Leaders
The world has and is changing and we are seeking new ways of leadership and being in church, including worship and proclaiming God’s Word.
Join us for multiple options of engaging with 6 Worship Units and 6 Preaching Units.
Participants can choose their level of input and connection. Have a conversation with your faith community, congregation or Presbytery about what would would be good for you and them.
Units are engaging and creative. Assessment is both theoretical and practical.
Access 3 points of training:
- Online delivery across the Synod – 2 hours per week
Join others in Zoom delivery of Worship and Preaching workshops, combining a tutorial based on the online units, and input from a variety of church leaders.
- Access to online Worship and Preaching units
Access online units written around the Assembly W&P competencies for Lay Preachers and Ministry of Pastor.
- Local assessment
For those who opt for assessment, this will occur within their Congregation/Faith Community/Hub or Presbytery.
**PLEASE ENSURE YOU TAKE NOTE OF TICKET END DATE FOR EACH SESSION**
5 May – Exploring Worship 1 – What is Worship?
- with Mel Perkins & Dr Craig Mitchell, Presbytery Minister – Church Development, Port Phillip East Presbytery
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 3rd May
12 May – Exploring Worship 2 – Worship as story or conversation/Exploring the Seasons (of the Church and the Earth) in Worship
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Deacon Jeanne Beale, Presbytery Minister, Presbytery of Port Phillip West
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 10th May
19 May – Understanding Worship – Theology of Worship/Multisensory & multiple intelligence approaches to Worship
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Deacon Denise Savage, Presbytery Minister – Leadership Formation, Presbytery of Tasmania
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 19th May
2 June – Preparing Worship 1 – Some of the nuts and bolts of Worship/ Inclusive Worship
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Siotame Paletua, Presbytery Minister Generalist, Presbytery of Loddon Mallee
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 31st May
9 June – Preparing and Leading Worship – Working with a theme/lectionary/curating resources
- with Mel Perkins & Chris Barnett, Intergenerational Ministry – Children and Families, Equipping Leadership for Mission
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 7th June
16 June – Leading Worship 2 – Communication in Worship/ Ethics in/of Worship (including self-awareness)
- with Mel Perkins & Rev Robin Yang, Intergenerational Ministry – Young Adults, Equipping Leadership for Mission
**Ticket sales for this sessions ends at 10am Monday 14th June
Mel Perkins is the Lay Leadership Development Coordinator, Equipping Leadership for Mission Unit, for the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
To register, click here