The workshop will be conducted online through Zoom and will adhere to up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines.
Participants can join individually but we encourage, through liasing with your Presbytery, the joining of small groups (hubs).
Participants can prepare for the workshop with optional retreat material suitable for individuals or groups, focussing on the call to mentoring.
- Those interested in being a mentor – Do you feel a calling to be a mentor? Come and explore and be trained in your gift.
- Ministers – Know what mentoring is so you can recognise the gift in others.
- Current Mentors – Come and refresh your skills
- Mentors of – Candidates for Ministry, Lay Preachers, and Period of Discernment; Ministers from other denominations; Ministers exiting College; Ministers in a new Presbytery
- a theology of mentoring
- the qualities of a Christian mentor
- the importance of prayers to the mentoring relationship
- mentoring in different situations and areas of the church
- the hospitality of making room for the other’s story
- skills needed for good mentoring
- self-awareness and reflective praxis for mentors and mentees
- the need for cultural awareness in mentoring
Cost – $25 for workshop access and materials
Saturday 15 August – 10am to 3:30pm
For tickets, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mentor-training-tickets-107174198914
Mel Perkins (email@example.com)
Rev Fran Barber (RevFran.Barber@victas.uca.org.au)
Dev Anandarajan (Devanandan.Anandarajan@victas.uca.org.au)