An affordable home away from home
Provided to the Uniting Church community by the Centre for Theology & Ministry in Parkville, Maclean House is a very affordable bed and breakfast option for your stay.
Conveniently located on the picturesque grounds of Ormond College beside the Centre for Theology and Ministry which is located at 29 College Crescent Parkville.
Being just north of Melbourne’s CBD allows easy access to trams, with the renowned Lygon St restaurant precinct only a short stroll away; providing you with plenty of dining options.
Your stay doesn’t need to be all about business… Melbourne is Australia’s sporting capital, a leader in arts, festivals and cultural events, so why not make Maclean House the centre of your trip to Melbourne and discover what the city holds in store for you?
Maclean House provides a range of comfortable double, twin or triple share rooms over two levels. It is disability-friendly, with three downstairs bedrooms, a wheelchair accessible bathroom and ramp entry located at the rear of the building.
Please let us know when booking if you specifically require a ground floor room.
Included facilities provided include:
- On-site parking
- A light, self-service breakfast
- In-room desk with free wi-fi access
- Linen, towels etc.
Shared facilities available include communal living room with TV, bathrooms, kitchen and laundry.
All this is included for the exceptional value of $70 and $90 twin share per night. (trundle option is available for an extra $20 per night.)
Check-in is available after 2pm, and check-out is 11am.
Our rooms are:
- Reid: queen size bed
- Maclean: two single beds + a pull out trundle
- Chapel: two single beds + a pull out trundle
- Tower: queen size bed
- Priory: two single beds
- Den: two single beds
- Deanery: two single beds
- Grange: two single beds
Bookings or Further Information
Please email Maclean House for more information or to request a booking.
Or download the Maclean House info booklet (below).
What our guests say:
- ‘Lovely, warm and handy. Could share company or be alone.’
- ‘Had everything we needed…comfy beds.’
- ‘Very clean and tidy…everything you have at home at hand.’
- ‘Dietary requirements thoughtfully considered.’
- ‘My first stay here – a very pleasant one.’
- ‘Proximity to all things I came for.’
- ‘So clean and welcoming. All staff are great and helpful.’
- ‘Tower room is fabulous!’
- ‘It is a treasure and I am very grateful it is available.’
- ‘It just feels like home!’