Uniting Through Faiths
We live in a multi-faith, multi-cultural society where it is important to build relationships between people of different faiths and cultures. Peace-making and interfaith expressions occur regularly in regions and congregations of the Synod.
Uniting Through Faiths creates spaces where people can ask questions of each other in a two-way learning experience. To achieve this, we use a variety of methods, including:
- art, poetry and storytelling.
- working through common issues, such as prejudice
- arranging for people of other faiths to visit congregations, telling their stories and answering questions
- organising community forums with diverse representation from local communities
- working with people from other cultures to help mitigate prejudice
- providing guest speakers and resources to ministers and congregations
- connecting ministers and congregations to local interfaith networks
- helping connect congregations to local synagogues, mosques and other places of worship or organising tours of places of worship.
Uniting Through Faiths works in partnership with many organisations, including Multicultural Arts Victoria and the Islamic Council of Victoria. Most of our interfaith projects are funded externally.
For more information, contact April Kailahi on (03) 9340 8836 or at email@example.com or go to https://assembly.uca.org.au/rof/interfaith-dialogue