Spice Training 06 – What is the Bible (Bible Studies part 3)
We ask Rev Dr Robyn Whitaker, biblical scholar and theologian, ‘what is the bible?’ Robyn is a lecturer at Pilgrim Theological College.
This is our third video in our Bible Studies series. The next steps resources are listed below the video.
Robyn suggests the following five super-helpful questions for anyone studying biblical passages:
- What in the text “gets” you? (inspires, troubles, thrills, haunts, gladdens, grabs your attention)
- Why does it “get” you? (This a chance for personal reflection. Why is it connecting with you?)
- From this moment in the text that gets you, what do you know about God? What does the text reveal about God?
- Why does your community need to hear this today?
- What do you hope these words will do?
You might also enjoy reading Matt Laidlaw’s How We Read The Bible