Exploring Worship in the UCA
An online course for anyone
who wants to know more
about Worship in the UCA.
Exploring Worship in the UCA has been created around the Worship Competencies from the “Assembly Standards and Competencies for the Formation and Education for the Specified Ministry of Lay Preacher”. So, those training for the ministry of Lay Preaching, and those needing to undertake training for the Worship Competencies for Pastors (as these are the same), can be assured they are receiving training to help them meet these competencies.
However, Exploring Worship in the UCA is also a great course for:
- Worship leaders
- people undertaking a Period of Discernment
- Lay Preachers looking for some continuing education
- people new to the UCA who would love to know more about how Worship happens in the UCA, and
- anyone just generally interested in knowing more about worship in the UCA.
Exploring Worship in the UCA covers:
- what the Bible and the UCA say about worship
- the UCA of ‘doing Worship’ – “Ordered Liberty”
- ethical Worship leadership
- inclusive worship
- creative worship
- practical Worship skills
- planning Worship
- leading Worship
Exploring Worship in the UCA can be accessed online through your Presbytery. If you are interested, please talk with your Presbytery education person.
Internet not great at home? The course is also designed so that the base material can be downloaded and saved to your computer. Some Presbyteries are looking at developing or expanding learning hubs. So, you can learn together – and download your learning material to work on at home.