Exploring the New Testament
An introductory online course for anyone
who wants to know more
about the New Testament.
Exploring the New Testament has been created around the Worship and Preaching Competencies for Biblical studies from the “Assembly Standards and Competencies for the Formation and Education for the Specified Ministry of Lay Preacher”. So, those training for the ministry of Lay Preaching, and those needing to undertake training for the Worship and Preaching Competencies for Pastors (as these are the same), can be assured they are receiving training to help them meet these competencies.
However, Exploring the New Testament was also written and developed to encourage faith and discipleship formation. So, it is also a great course for:
- Worship leaders
- people undertaking a Period of Discernment
- Lay Preachers looking for some continuing education
- people who would like to explore the New Testament as a way of deepening their faith and relationship with God and
- anyone just generally interested in knowing more about the New Testament.
Exploring the New Testament covers:
- an introduction to interpreting the Scripture
- an introduction to the world of the New Testament
- a brief introduction to all the New Testament books
- a brief look at Jesus’ life, death and resurrection
- a brief introduction to Paul
Exploring the New Testament can be accessed online through your Presbytery. If you are interested, please talk with your Presbytery education person.
Internet not great at home? The course is also designed so that the base material can be downloaded and saved to your computer. Some Presbyteries are looking at developing or expanding learning hubs. So, you can learn together – and download your learning material to work on at home.