We are committed to ensuring people with disabilities are full and equal participants in all activities of the Synod.
Striving for this goal means engagement and advocacy with individuals, congregations and presbyteries, and a range of organisations beyond the Synod.
Since 2010, our Disability Inclusion Advocates have been involved in developing:
- The Disability Action Plan 2019-2022, in response to the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. (Easy English Disability Action Plan summary). These two versions complement each other and need to be read and considered as a whole: it is recommended you initially read the Easy English version.
- A mental health kit for congregations.
- A University of Divinity subject (Pastoral Care with People with Disabilities).
- The annual road trauma Time for Remembering
- The ‘Uniting CPE – The John Paver Centre’ for Clinical Pastoral Education.
For more information, contact Andy Calder on 03 9251 5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org