Striving for this goal means engagement and advocacy with individuals, congregations and presbyteries, and a range of organisations beyond the Synod.
Since 2010, our Disability Inclusion Advocates have been involved in developing:
- The Disability Action Plan 2019-2022, in response to the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. (Easy English Disability Action Plan summary). These two versions complement each other and need to be read and considered as a whole: it is recommended you initially read the Easy English version.
- A mental health kit for congregations.
- A University of Divinity subject (Pastoral Care with People with Disabilities).
- The annual road trauma Time for Remembering
- The ‘Uniting CPE – The John Paver Centre’ for Clinical Pastoral Education.
For more information, contact Andy Calder on 03 9251 5489 or email@example.com
Mental Health Kit
A Mental Health Kit for Congregations is available for download. The kit contains personal perspectives, worship resources, sermon starters, a list of community-based resources and checklists to help congregations better respond to people with mental health issues.
Download the 2019 ministry update here