Since the easing of many restrictions on November 18, 2021 Victorians are faced with ‘learning to live with COVID-19’, but what are the implications for our church? The current Victoria Frequently Asked Questions now includes a section to help communities navigate this new environment.
The Victorian Government has also released an updated COVID cleaning guide as of Nov 25 with greatly reduced requirements. (download a copy below)
The Victorian FAQs are intended as a guide for Church Councils and anyone planning to attend any church gathering.
- Capacity limits and density quotients removed for religious gatherings, weddings and funerals where all attendees over 12yrs and 2mths are fully-vaccinated.
- Masks are now only required indoors in limited settings such as health care, retail, schools and on public transport. Masks still recommended if you can’t remain physically distant, if you have symptoms, or are in a high-risk category.
- No limits on the number of people who may gather in private residences or public places.
- Non-essential retail reopens to the fully-vaccinated.
- Workplaces can open. All staff must be fully-vaccinated.
Maximum capacities and density quotients now apply only where the vaccination status of all attendees is unknown or unchecked.
In November, Moderator Denise Liersch held a forum titled Navigating The Road Ahead, which invited members from both sides of the vaccination debate to speak freely and help forge a path ahead that considered all perspectives. For further information and pastoral resources visit our Vaccination and Reopening page.
|VICTORIA FAQ DEC 2||02-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|COVID ENTER POSTER - FULLY VAXXED GATHERING||02-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|COVID ENTER POSTER - VAX STATUS UNKNOWN GATHERING||02-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|WORKER VACCINATION STATUS RECORD - CONGREGATIONS||22-11-2021||Download|
|COVID CLEANING GUIDE||02-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|CHURCH FACILITIES REOPENING CHECKLIST||02-12-2021||Download|
|TAS FAQs October 29||02-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Poster-A4-Facemasks must be worn||31-05-2021||DownloadPreview|
|RECOVERY ACTION PLAN CHECKLIST V5||06-05-2021||Download|
|Victorian Volunteers factsheet - UPDATED - 20200811||13-08-2020||Download|
|VISITOR CONTACTS LOG||01-07-2020||Download|
|WASH YOUR HANDS POSTER||22-06-2020||DownloadPreview|
|HOW TO USE A MASK POSTER||22-06-2020||DownloadPreview|
|COVER YOUR COUGH POSTER||22-06-2020||DownloadPreview|
|STAY AT HOME POSTER||17-06-2020||DownloadPreview|
|SAFE AT CHURCH POSTER||23-06-2020||DownloadPreview|
|CHURCH CAPACITY POSTER||23-06-2020||DownloadPreview|