Exploring Theology in the UCA
An introductory online unit for anyone
who wants to know more
about how we ‘do’ Theology in the UCA.
Exploring Theology in the UCA has been created around the Worship and Preaching Competencies for Biblical studies from the “Assembly Standards and Competencies for the Formation and Education for the Specified Ministry of Lay Preacher”. So, those training for the ministry of Lay Preaching, and those needing to undertake training for the Worship and Preaching Competencies for Pastors (as these are the same), can be assured they are receiving training to help them meet these competencies.
However, Exploring Theology in the UCA was also written and developed to encourage faith and discipleship formation. So, it is also a great unit for:
- Worship leaders
- people undertaking a Period of Discernment
- Lay Preachers looking for some continuing education
- people who would like to explore Theology as a way of deepening their faith and relationship with God and
- anyone just generally interested in knowing more about how we ‘do’ Theology in the UCA.
Exploring Theology in the UCA covers:
- What is Theology and how is it used by individuals and in the church, particularly the Uniting Church in Australia
- The meaning of revelation and the authority of Scripture
- The Trinity
- The Holy Spirit
- Creation and Eco-Theology
- God’s Providence and Evil
- Humanity and Sin
- The Church
- Christian Hope
Exploring Theology in the UCA can be accessed online through your Presbytery. If you are interested, please talk with your Presbytery education person.
Internet not great at home? The unit is also designed so that the base material can be downloaded and saved to your computer. Some Presbyteries are looking at developing or expanding learning hubs. So, you can learn together – and download your learning material to work on at home.